If you’re getting bored with your regular gym cardio, or you want to reach a higher state of fitness you might want to give Tabata workouts a try.
It’s a form of high intensity interval training that can crank up your calorie burn and help you get extra lean.
How Tabata Works
Most Tabata workouts are surprisingly short, but that doesn’t mean they’re intended to be easy. The goal is to exercise at maximum intensity for 20 seconds, followed by a short 10 second pause. You would repeat this cycle of exercise/rest for 5-10 consecutive minutes.
It may not sound like much of a workout to exercise in twenty second intervals, but going five consecutive minutes at maximum intensity is very challenging and a huge calorie burn.
Who Should Try Tabata
You’ll like Tabata training if:
– You’re trying to get really lean
– You don’t have a lot of time for the gym (workouts are 10-20 min)
– You’re already in pretty good condition (exercising 2-3 times a week)
Here’s some Tabata workouts you should try:
Workout #1 – 4 minutes (Beginner)
Workout #2 – 4 minutes
Workout #3 – 8 minutes
Workout #4 – 20 minutes
Related: Best exercises for lower abs
Workout #5 – 30 minutes
- Best exercises for lower abs
- Lose 30 pounds in 3 months
- How to lose belly fat
- Muscle building supplements for women
- Kettlebell workouts you should try
- Best ab exercises of all time